At Charlotte Comicon we welcome cosplayers of all ages, genders, races, size, etc. However, for the safety of all our guests and attendees, we do ask that cosplayers adhere to the following rules.
- Ours is a “family friendly” show. Costumes should not exceed PG-13 level. No nudity. All costumes must adhere to official convention standards as well as NC state ordinances on indecent exposure. Individuals wearing costumes that display excessive blood or gore, are overly sexualized, or otherwise inappropriate will not be permitted.
- No offensive language, sexual or racial epithets, political or religious statements will be permitted as part of any costume or behavior while at the show.
- CCC staff reserve the right to request that an attendee cover up if a costume is questionable, causing any discontent or concern with regards to other attendees or hotel staff. If covering up is not possible, attendee may be asked to leave and may return in proper dress. This is as much for the attendee’s protection as it is the integrity of the show.
- No glitter, confetti, pyrotechnics, live flame, smoke generators, flash bangs of any kind permitted.
- If your costume is large, has low visibility, is awkward in any way, is rented or commissioned, it is advisable that you have a “handler” accompany you throughout the day to ensure your safety and that of those around you. CCC is not liable for any damage or injury incurred to you or to your costume while trying to maneuver through the showrooms.
- No functional weapons are allowed. DO NOT BRING REAL SWORDS, BLADED WEAPONS, GUNS OR ANY TYPE OF AUTHENTIC WEAPON TO THE SHOW. No projectile weapons (including but not limited to airsoft or paintball weapons) will be allowed. Only prop weapons are permitted. Prop guns should be orange-tipped.
- All simulated or costume weapons are subject to inspection by security or CCC staff. Attendees found to be in violation of weapons policy will be subject to removal from the show. Please note, the rules of the venue trump the rules laid out by our show regarding costumes, weapons and props. If at any time the venue does not allow something, we will not allow it either.
- COSPLAY IS NOT CONSENT. It is unfortunate that we have to say it, but there are people in the world who would take advantage of a situation where a cosplayer (most commonly young females due to the way many female comic characters were drawn) are vulnerable. We will not tolerate anyone using any person’s innocence, or love of the character they are cosplaying, as a means to take inappropriate photographs, to touch without permission, or to stalk and harass our cosplayers at the show or on social media. If you feel uncomfortable or threatened in any way, or if you witness someone being harassed, please come to the cosplay room and inform our Cosplay Program Director or staff immediately.
All attendees, guests, and exhibitors at the show should adhere to the following Code of Conduct:
- No vulgarity, offensive language, sexual or racial epithets, political or religious statements will be permitted while at the show.
- No bullying of any kind will be tolerated.
- No questionable or inappropriate photography will be permitted.
- No harassment of any attendee, guest, or exhibitor will be tolerated.
- Heckling of panelists or cosplay contest contestants will not be tolerated.
- No attendees should be behind any exhibitor or guest table unless they are an agent of said exhibitor or guest. Loitering at exhibitor or guest tables or causing any disruption of their business will not be tolerated.
- No attendees should be behind or loitering at the cosplay judges’ table at any time.
- Be respectful of those around you.
- Be mindful not to block an exhibitor or guest’s table, or block the aisles, when stopping to take photographs.
- Keep the venue clean. Do not leave trash laying around. Do not do anything that would cause damage to any of the property (including but not limited to the ballrooms, hallways, bathrooms, guest rooms, lobby, atrium, restaurant, lounge, sundries shop, patio, firepit, dog-walking area, grounds, or parking lot) belonging to Concord Convention Center or Embassy Suites.